Tuesday 2 December 2008

#6 - further explorations

This weekend was quite interesting. On Saturday I went with a friend to see Morning Musume in concert. They are a jpop group of female members who are under 20 (then they get kicked out cos they are too old). I had fun, and it was funny/scary to look at all the creepers and old men that came to the concert to look at little girls......

On sunday, I went with a few other international students and visited Kinkakuji ( the golden temple). I really wanted to go here as it was one of the most famous spots in Japan, and it was fun - but cold! We explored some of the area a bit, and then went further into Kyoto and went to see the Kyoto Imperial Palace. It was closed on Sundays!!!


Later in the evening we went to some arcades, and I spent way too much money. Way too much. And all I won was a little rabbit toy thing. Meh. On the train back home we had someone teach us how to say some mandarin - interesting and fun! I want to learn chinese now, so much simpler grammar than Japanese.

Tomorrow I have to give a short presentation in class....I am trying to write it, but I really do not care very much so as you can probably guess...it's goign very slowly (and hence the prompt for another update to this blog).

No comments: